... that salt has a bitter taste?
Really, it does. The moment you open your Chemistry textbook and discover there are three main salt types, formed from four different methods of preparation, and realize with a pang of pure horror that you're expected to know all four thousand ninety nine of the cation-anion configurations (slightly untrue, of course. I'm sure there are much more) along with their various properties, your mouth's going to feel like it's stuffed with Krogan testicles. Personal experience; Turian guts taste better.
Do I really need to know all that? That only potassium and sodium carbonates decompose when heated, and not some other bizarre combination of carbonate and metal? That lead (II) chloride, together with silver chloride, are water-insoluble? It's just salts, for goodness' sake!
All anyone need to know about it is how much to put in when cooking. And I don't even cook! So what's the point, really? I'm tempted to mix sodium and hydrochloric acid together at this very moment; I've had enough of this crap. >(
No comments:
Post a Comment