"Well, lookee 'ere chaps, seems like we got ourselves a Grey Warden 'ere..."
Maker's breath, fellows! How long has it been? Two months, creeping onto three? It's been rather a long time, eh? Bet you guys missed me.
No, really, it's alright. I know how much you must have missed bashing my blog and laughing at everything I put up here. Not without good reason too, I might add.
Anyway, while you've been pining away for my ridiculous musings, I've been quite busy with... stuff. Important stuff. Like saving the world from Darkspawn and having a blast while at it.
But before that there was, of course, the wretched SPM. It was a surreal experience, to be completely honest. I spent half the time scrambling (in vain) to catch up with the work that I'd neglected for the past two years, and there were some sleepless nights too. Not something I want to go through again. In the end though, I'm not quite sure I did okay. At all. But that's something I'm going to have to face up to. In three months. Can't wait. Mum is going to murder me.
Thankfully, the guys from school organised a trip to Genting right after the SPM, which helped considerably in taking my mind off that gloomy subject. It was fun all the way through, though the knowledge that this was the last time I would ever see some of my friends was a sobering one. Still, it's hard to dwell on the negatives when Cho's cracking jokes (and also a few ribs) right and left. I also had the chance to try my hand at archery, which was a fun but slightly frustrating experience as I struggled to grasp the techniques. Rather unfortunately, Chee Keong, who happened to be standing beside me at one point, did not end up skewered on one of my 'stray' arrows. Oh well.
We stopped by Times Square on the way back. Acquired The Saint and Dragon Age: Origins!
The latter is a mixed bag. Sure, it's true Bioware with the characters, dialogue and the fleshed out setting complete with extensive history, but it's also a rather more complex and frustrating experience that any of Bioware's previous titles in my opinion. Combat is trying in almost every encounter, even on Normal setting, and I find myself constantly gasping for air everytime I have to unsheathe my sword (Which incidentally has 1.5 armor penetration, spell resistance and +4 Electricity damage; ownage!). Maybe I just haven't grasped that winning technique yet.
Plenty more to talk about, but I'll leave it here for now. Expect to see me back soon. Some time. Maker's blessings*.
*Or 'the Emperor protects', if you prefer that one.
No comments:
Post a Comment